Contributors

30 November - The foul taste is back

Four days into Cycle 2 of the high dose chemo and the foul taste in my mouth is back. I still consider that I've been fairly lucky as whilst the side effects of the temozolomide haven't been pleasant they have not been intolerable.

Despite taking laxatives before I started my bowels were once again set like concrete by day 3. And whereas I normally eat just about anything my appetite now is not as great as usual and there are some foods I just don't fancy at the moment. I don't even feel like chocolate!

Olga said she noticed the chemo was making me slow-witted. I can certainly testify to that. I'd rather not think how many hours I spent trying to get some radio and computer stuff to work for reasons that should have been blindingly obvious to anyone with a functioning brain. Ah well, nobody said this was supposed to be fun.

3 comments:

  1. You still manage to put together very clear and well written blog entries Julian, so you are not that slow-witted.

    Even with (so-called) fully functioning brains, there are plenty of us around your age who take a long time on things they once could do "just like that". Sure, the chemo cannot be helping things requiring mental agility though. Guess you've just got to be patient and accept this is a side effect for a while. Best wishes for the next few weeks during the chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will ditto everything that Roger said and also confess that we can all experience "slow-witted" without chemical assistance. It just took me nearly 24 elapsed hours, and at least 4 attempts to get an IF statement in the right place in APRSISCE/32. So while not as severe as your state right now, I can feel a bit of your experience.

    Your blog is excellent as it keeps your mind active and reminds us to remind you that we're all out here pulling and praying for you!

    Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julian, all I can say is the writing of your blog to me still shows the brain is functioning very well. For all the treatments you have gone through and are going through you are doing great. Keep us updated.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete