Contributors

23 December - Nothing To Report

Just a brief update following our hospital visit this afternoon. Nothing To Report. My blood count is OK so we are all set to start the third chemo cycle next week.

I'm not getting an MRI scan any time soon. Olga and I would really like to see evidence that we are beating the tumour but according to the doctor, a scan this soon after radiotherapy could give misleading results due to side effects of the treatment. The tumour could actually appear to have got bigger. I probably won't get a scan for another 4 months.

The best sign that there is nothing to worry about is that I don't experience tumour symptoms such as headaches, seizures or vomiting. So I just have to be a patient patient and keep on taking the tablets.

Meanwhile, Christmas starts now! I hope yours is a happy one too!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Christmas wishes Julian. My wife and I hope that you and Olga both have a very good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Thank you for continuing to write about your experiences along this journey and giving others your insight. I wish you strength and happiness in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julian.

    Best wishes to you and Olga over the Christmas Period from Colin (M0XSD) and me (M6EPW).
    Keep your 4m radio handy as Colin and I hope to be out and about locally.
    All is on schedule for the 1st of January for the Outlying Fells so fingers crossed.
    Take care and talk soon.

    Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julian and Merry Christmas to you both.

    Four months until next observation. OK, now for the next 4 months relax as best possible and put the thing out of your mind as much as you can.

    73 de Dick and YL

    ReplyDelete