Contributors

8 July - News of my treatment

A letter arrives from the Radiotherapy Department at Cumberland Infirmary with news of the next stages in my treatment.

On 19 July I have an appointment to have a thermoplastic mould made of my head. This will be worn during treatment to keep my head still and in the precisely correct position so that the radiotherapy beam can be targeted at the tumour.

Then on 21 July there will be a second appointment for me to have a CT scan wearing the mask so that they can produce the plan for the treatment.

My Macmillan nurse phoned to confirm this information. She said that she expected the actual treatment would begin in August.

1 comment:

  1. One hears how good MacMillan nurses are and it is comforting to see you have found them helpful already.

    ReplyDelete