Contributors

29 June - Brain Tumour

When I started this blog I chose the name "One Foot in the Grave" as it was going to contain my Victor Meldrew-esque rants about life in the UK and in general. Having in the last two days learned that I have a fast growing incurable brain tumour, the title now seems to have taken on another meaning.

Henceforth, this blog will be used to update my online friends on my progress with treatment. Olga will post if I am unable to.

All previous rants and political posts have been deleted. It's amazing how wonderful the world seems and how little there is to complain about when time suddenly becomes precious and you just want to share as much of it as you can with the person who loves you.

4 comments:

  1. I am very sorry to hear that. I will miss your rants and social commentary. Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also saddened by this news.

    Suddenly things don't seem so bad.

    CR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julian,
    There are no certainties in life, one moment everything goes well and everything collapsed in another.
    There are no answers to the question "why us?".
    All I know is, that there is always hope, and when many people pray, there may be some help from God. And be sure, there are many ham's and
    friends praying for you both.

    Take care 73 and see you on frequency.

    Kurt ON3URT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose and I are shocked at this sad news Julian. You and Olga are continually in our thoughts.
    "Why Us" is one of life's imponderables. I tend to believe in a natural randomness rather than a "divine being" making decisions. e.g. Who gets hit by a mad man's bullets in a crowd?
    When bad (or good) things befall me I honestly think "Why not me".
    We hope your forthcoming treatment will be 100% successful and you quickly return to good health.

    ReplyDelete