Contributors

29 December - Cheering news

Four out of five days of the heavy dose of chemo. I'm not feeling quite as bad as I did the previous cycle. I guess the body gets used to it to a certain extent. My hands have even been steady enough to do a bit of soldering.

Olga and I were enormously cheered to read the comment posted this afternoon by Tara Stevens to my post back in August about clomipramine. She writes that her mother was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer and had aggressive breast cancer as well and was given six months to live. After taking clomipramine both tumours eventually disappeared and she has beaten the doctors' prognosis by six years!

If Tara's mum can do it so can I. We'll beat that bugger!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely right Julian. Beat the bugger you WILL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I believe the mind is much more powerful than we yet realise, that's why a positive attitude can make such a difference. Don't forget there are areas of the brain whose functions are still unknown to us.
    All the best for the New Year Julian, I always enjoy reading you pearls of wisdom.
    Pete G0TLU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news about Tara's mother, given all the gloomy predictions it's time some progress was made on the more difficult to treat cancers.

    Happy new year, hope to work you soon on one of the digi modes.

    Dave, G4AON

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sure is great news and doctors are human and there words are not written in stone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you both!

    ReplyDelete