Contributors

27 December - Third chemotherapy cycle

Christmas is over. I hope you all had a good one. Ours was fine - quiet, spent at home enjoying some nice food and watching undemanding TV.

I allowed myself two small glasses of wine with dinner on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I did feel a bit tipsy later on, but that is pretty much how I feel most of the time at the moment so I don't think I can really blame the wine. Nor was it necessarily responsible for the slight headache I had on Christmas morning, as I didn't have one on Boxing Day morning. But I'm not in a hurry to try wine again as I haven't been missing it that much anyway.

On Boxing Day I started the third chemotherapy cycle. 400mg of temozolomide a day for the next 5 days. So I'm preparing for a couple of weeks of feeling crappy and lethargic. My mouth is already starting to feel like the inside of a sumo wrestler's jockstrap. No pain, no gain as they say.