Contributors

4 October - Jelly legs and hand shake

Four days since I finished radiotherapy and chemotherapy but I haven't noticed much improvement yet in how I'm feeling. Still feel a bit dizzy, my vision is sometimes out of focus, my legs feel like jelly because my knees tremble, and my hands shake.

Visited the GP surgery as we had to sort out repeat prescriptions for some of my medications. Mentioned these symptoms and she thought it might be the clomipramine, though it is too soon after all the other treatment to be sure what is to blame. In case it is the clomipramine she prescribed another tablet to take that should stop the trembling. So fingers crossed that it will do the trick.

My former employer has already written to my GP regarding whether I would be eligible for early retirement on medical grounds so hopefully I will find out about that soon.