Contributors

3 December - another physio visit

On Tuesday we were visited by Debbie's physiotherapist colleague, the sporty-looking Jo. I get teased a bit by Olga about having all these fit young women coming to visit me, but I'd really rather not require their attention at all.

Jo prescribed some more exercises which were deceptively easy, but must be achieving something as I'm aching in a few places I wasn't before.

The execises have to be repeated ten times. So what's the problem, you may ask? Can I count up to ten? Can I hell! What have they done to my brain, Ma? I now have the attention span of a gnat and no matter how hard I try to concentrate I find that I get about as far as 3 and have lost count and my mind has wandered on to something else. Because of this sclerosis of the brain I am avoiding technical activities or anything involving the computer. These days I mostly sit listening to music radio for hours on end - something that requires no intellectual effort at all, but which doesn't require any physical activity either.

Jo is coming back next Tuesday to observe how my walking is. She reckons she can improve my balance by setting some exercises that will 'challenge'  it. We'll see how that goes.

Meanwhile we're both waiting anxiously for the results of the MRI scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment