Contributors

24 December - New treatment for glioblastoma tumours.

One of my followers sent me a link to an article on the BBC website about a new treatment for glioblastoma brain tumours.

It's at the clinical trial stage at the moment  so it is unlikely that I could get this treatment right now. The thing with clinical trials is that to be accepted you usually have to meet a  very specific set of criteria. I've probably disqualified myself by using clomipramine as an anti-cancer treatment. It also helps to live near the place where they are conducting the trials. The other thing - as the article points out - is that half the people on the trial will only receive a placebo. Personally I'd rather receive treatment than take part in a lottery.

But it is an interesting story and certainly something to talk to my oncologist about at my next consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment