Contributors

3 December - Getting back to normal

Today marks a milestone in my recovery as Olga and I returned from a long weekend in Manchester. It was the first time I had been away since discovering I have a brain tumour.

I felt fine and managed quite a lot of walking - without my stick. I had one nasty moment though when I was ascending the steps between the rows of seats in the RNCM concert hall. There was no stair rail and the seat backs were too low to use for support and I had a sudden attack of vertigo and thought I was going to fall over. Olga quickly realised what was happening and grabbed my arm for support. Thereafter I ensured that I clung to the rail when negotiating stairs - though I'm sure there are places where that just isn't possible.

Apart from that little incident I was fine. It was good to do once again the kind of thing we did in normal life.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats Julian! So nice to hear that life is somewhat back to normal for Olga and you.
    -Mike W8MDE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mike. Life won't be fully back to normal until I get my driving licence back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Julian,

    What truly remarkable good news! I'm very happy for you both! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to read this Julian. I did read you enjoyed the concert. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have been following your progress for sometime now and truly happy that things look good, very good. The only downfall is the DVLA. Not the most organised pro private organisation but hey.

    Have a great Christmas and a very happy new year to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julian that is great news being able to get out and about.....heck regarding the stairs I loose my wear abouts on them as well....:)
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Julian,
    That is good news. Nice to read that you made at trip to Manchester.
    Hope you get your driving license back.
    Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and Olga.
    jo ON5AO and xyl Marleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff Julian and a Happy Christmas time and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is very good news Julian, you are an inspiration to us all. Whenever something is in the media about cancer and especially a brain tumour, I think of you and your struggle and that you appear to be winning this one. I do hope that continues.
    I often remark to people who talk doom and gloom that I know of someone who wouldn't give up, who worked hard to find way to overcome and that is beating the odds. A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy & Prosperous New Year - with hope for a return to driving soon.

    ReplyDelete