Contributors

15 November - Hospital appointment

Two posts in a week! What's going on?

I had an appointment at the Radiotherapy and Oncology department at Carlisle Infirmary today. It was a brief consultation just to check on how I am.

The good news is that I will have a new MRI scan in two months time. Then we will go up to Carlisle again to get the results. Something to look forward to in the new year! Really. I really would like to know what this tumour is doing.

I asked if I could reapply for my driving licence yet. The doctor said I would have to wait until after the scan, as there is not enough information to go on at the moment. That would really be something if I could get my licence back early next year!

While we were waiting for our transport back home one of the nurses approached me and asked if I would mind taking part in a research project they are working on to try to find out if there is a gene that is associated with cancer or particular types of cancer. Of course I agreed. I owe such a lot to the doctors, nurses and especially the cancer researchers who are advancing our knowledge of this disease that I am glad to help in any way I can.