Contributors

26 June - One year on

Another milestone passed. This is the day the doctors said I would never see. One year ago today a doctor broke the news that I had a brain tumour, that it was incurable, and that I could expect to survive "a few months to a year."

Today we went to Newcastle, to the Royal Victoria Infirmary where I had the brain surgery, and saw the same doctor, one year later. As I anticipated, we didn't learn anything new. It was a rubber stamp exercise to put "closed" on my case as far as the surgery goes. (Carlisle will continue monitoring the tumour, of course.) It was uplifting to see the looks of genuine surprise as the doctor read through my file and saw the reports of how well I have done.

So, five hours of travelling for a five minute consultation. But I'm not going to grumble. They did a good job.If they hadn't, I really might not be here at this moment.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats, and we'll see you again in another year's time.

    Bud...VE3OYJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news to hear Julian and many more after this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Julian. Doctors what do they know? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, here's to many more anniversaries.

    73 Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news Julian. Stay well.
    -Mike W8MDE

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite an anniversary OM! Hearty congratulations to you! 73, Casey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome stuff! Just found both of your blogs a few weeks ago and have been enjoying your witty comments ever since. Extremely happy to hear this news! Stay healthily, I'm looking forward to years more of enjoyment!

    73,

    Richard, KK4JDO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, Julian.

    "Hope is my philosophy
    Just needs days in which to be
    Love of life means hope for me
    You are the new day"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otybFO_NGfk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news Julian. Here's to the next year.

    73s Roger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Julian. Gives us inspiration. I have sent you an e-mail as my wife is fighting a GBM and we live in Carlisle.Best wishes, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Andy. I have received the email and will call you at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Julian, Keep on fighting. I have been there with Bladder Cancer and I am ok now (touch wood). Keep positive and here's to many more anniversaries.
    Your G4ILO site is great, much appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Bill G4NTW

    ReplyDelete