Contributors

28 February - The end of chemotherapy!

Today I took the fifth and final 400mg dose of Temozolomide for my fifth and penultimate chemotherapy cycle. At this point in the cycle the concentration of Temo in my body is probably at its highest, with a corresponding negative effect on my energy levels. Today I could hardly haul myself out of my chair. I have spent most of the day sitting and thinking about what I could be doing if only I could find the energy to actually do something.

It would probably be a good idea to wait until I am feeling a bit more lively before doing anything critical. Yesterday I started to work out a circuit layout for stripboard and I drew the microprocessor chip so the rows of pins ran along the copper strips, connecting them all together, instead of at right angles. I threw away the drawing, printed out a new blank template and then proceeded to do the same thing again!

Duh! Sometimes I feel as if I've had a lobotomy.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds just like a regular "senior moment", Julian. I have 'em all the time. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my father went into hospital for monitoring whilst take a cycle of chemo he thought it was affecting his vision and that he would not see properly again. He could not watch the television and all the hospital room was blurred even with this glasses on, in fact he got us all worried.

    On his arrival home he discovered that he had taken the wrong glasses with him and had been using his reading glasses and not his distance glasses. He popped on the correct glasses and everything became clear again much to his relief and amusement at his mistake. We all had a good laugh about it when he told us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the deleted comment I inadvertently published it twice!! Talk about senior moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your body settles down a bit after the chemo. Rather than trying some intricate building for a while, why not just get on the radio and do some operating for a few weeks?

    ReplyDelete