Contributors

11 May - DVLA replies

After my last appointment with my consultant oncologist, who seemed satisfied that I would be able to drive, I wrote to the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) enclosing the completed forms that they had sent me after my earlier enquiry several months ago to reapply for my driving license. Today I received a reply.

The reply said that they had written to my consultant and expected a reply "within six weeks." The rest of the letter seemed designed to prepare me to wait a long time. Their enquiries "can take some time to complete" it said. The rest of the letter could be summed up as "don't contact us, we will contact you."

Only in my wildest dreams did I expect the letter would contain a new driving license. But the knowledge that I will need to wait weeks before I get any nearer to getting back on the road is quite depressing.

2 comments:

  1. There's only one thing for it OM. Get busy with something. Then the time will fly. Watched pots and all that, you know. Chin up! 73!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Government departments again. Hope that it comes through sooner than you expect.

    ReplyDelete