Contributors

22 March - An afternoon by the lake

An absolutely glorious Spring day. One of our neighbours who had a job to do near Crummock Water offered to take us for an afternoon out. We went to Lanthwaite Green and Olga and I strolled slowly along the level paths at the head of the lake for a couple of hours. It was the longest distance I have walked for a few months.

JM at the head of Crummock Water
It was wonderful to be out in the beautiful Lake District on such a perfect day, but I did get a lump in my throat when I looked at the surrounding hills and remembered the summits - all of which I have visited at one time or another - and wondered if I would ever get up there again. Even a modest slope on uneven ground presented a bit of a challenge due to the wobbly legs and vertigo. What seems easy whilst sitting comfortably is a different matter in practice.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day out Julian. We are in Devon at the moment where the weather today has been miserable. I hope your health improves so that you can get up those summits again before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening Julian, that was great you were offered a ride to such a great place. The weather here has been super as well today we hit 28C and the norm is 5C! I am sure the summits will come again for you but at this time drink up each and every day.

    ReplyDelete