Contributors

10 June - One week to surgery

By this time tomorrow week I should have had the surgery to remove my gall bladder. The operation will take place at the Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle. At least I think it will. That's what I thought we agreed when the surgeon's secretary phoned last week. But when an envelope arrived on Saturday containing a colour leaflet showing how to get to the Carlisle hospital the letter enclosed said that I should attend West Cumberland Hospital which is in Whitehaven. Confused? We were.

This morning we had to telephone the secretary and make sure we were all on the same page, as it were. I will be having my surgery in Carlisle. But it does make you wonder if they make silly mistakes like that what else they get wrong. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment